The Therapeutic Massage at Wellbeing Medical Centre
Taking care of your body should be at the top of your priorities. By adding therapeutic massage to your weekly routine, you’ll feel and look healthier. In fact, stress and work can have a big impact on your family and social life, so stress relief alone can improve your vitality and state of mind. So what better way to prepare for a long, happy life than a relaxing, therapeutic massage?
Therapeutic Massage Benefits
The therapeutic massage offer benefits beyond simple relaxation. Below is a list of a few of the health problems that may benefit from therapeutic massage.
- Back Pain More than one study has shown the effectiveness of massage therapy for back pain One study in 2003 showed that therapeutic massage worked better than acupuncture or spinal modification for persistent low back pain — reducing the need for painkillers by 36%.
- Headache The therapeutic massage can reduce considerably the headache, which is another type of pain, it can also reduce the number of migraines a person has and also improves sleep
- Osteoarthritis Patients who receive one-hour massage one or two times a week will see big improvements in pain, stiffness, and function.
- Anxiety The Therapeutic Massage helps relieve depression and anxiety. It lowers the levels of cortisol by up to 50% therefore the massage reduces the stress and depression effectively.
Massage Therapy Styles and Health Benefits
- Swedish Massage The most common type of massage is Swedish massage therapy. It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles. This is also combined with movement of the joints. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing. And it may even help after an injury.
- Neuromuscular Therapy Massage Neuromuscular therapy is a form of soft tissue manipulation that aims to treat underlying causes of chronic pain and addresses trigger points (tender muscles points), circulation, nerve compression, postural issues, and biomechanical problems that can be caused by repetitive movement injuries.
- Deep Tissue Massage Deep tissue massage quite therapeutic, relieving chronic patterns of tension and helping with muscle injuries, such as back sprain. The massage therapist uses slow,
deliberate strokes that focus pressure on layers of muscles, tendons, or other tissues deep under your skin.
- Sports Massage Sports massage uses a variety of approaches to help athletes before, during, or after sports events. It also promotes flexibility and helps with muscle strains and prevents injuries.
- Reflexology Reflexology uses hand, thumb, and finger techniques to stimulate certain areas of the feet. These areas are believed to correspond to different parts of the body.
The massage , then, is expected to promote health and wellbeing. Reflexology is helping in such conditions as Arthritis, Autism, Back pain, Digestive
problems such as constipation, Hormonal imbalances, Insomnia, Menstrual disorders such PMS, Sports injuries, Headaches.
- Pregnancy Massage During pregnancy, your body goes through major changes. Pregnancy massage can help with these changes by reducing stress, decreasing arm and leg swelling, and relieving muscle and joint pain. Massage may be particularly helpful during a time when medication and other medical options may be more limited
In the same category we have Fertility Massage & Post-Natal massage which we perform as well at Wellbeing Medical Centre in Dubai.
Ready for fabulous results?
Speak with one of our specialists about the best treatments for your skin. Experience premium services in aesthetics, cosmetology and slimming.