Dark circles can have a bad impact on your skin and on your appearance. Dark circles are something that people are never comfortable with because it is just not a greatly visible mark on your face and under your eyes, but also says a lot about your lifestyle and habits. Such are the reasons for the growing need of dark circles treatment around the world, and by men and women across different age groups.
Dark circles do not just appear because of aging or bad health. There are a number of cosmetic-related reasons that can cause dark circles amongst people with various skin types and belong to different age groups. Due to the growing number of people suffering from this problem, clinics, and professional dermatologists have started offering advanced dark circles treatment solutions at affordable prices. Also, there are specific dark circles treatments that are more effective and give long-lasting results as compared to other remedies for the same.
Some effective home remedies have proven to be a great alternative to cosmetic methods for dark circles treatment. But before you can start with treating dark circles using home remedies, it is important to know why these problems occur and what are the main reasons or causes behind dark circles.
Some main causes of dark circles:
- Thin skin under the eye: Dark circles may occur depending on the type and color of a person’s skin. If an individual is in a situation of anemia or pregnancy, the skin under the eye might look paler due to lack of blood. And these situations are when dark circles appear or become more prominent.
- Extra melanin in the skin: The presence of extra melanin or dark pigment tin the skin under the eye is yet another cause of dark circles in people. This happens due to a genetic problem and is hereditary and therefore, has got nothing to do with aging or illness of any kind.
- Sagging skin: The skin may sag depending on aging and other health problems. Sagging skin is another reason for the appearance of dark circles, and treating such problems on an immediate basis becomes highly necessary for both health and beauty conscious people.
- Puffiness under the eye: Eye puffiness is one of the most common causes of dark circles. The skin under the eye gets puffed, and this could happen due to various reasons such as allergies, crying, salt consumption, stress or temporary illness, which need to be addressed to as quickly as possible.
- Because it might not always be feasible to visit a clinic or consult a doctor for the suitable dark circles treatment, there are a lot of options that you can try at home to treat the same. However, home remedies are a very natural way of treating dark circles and can thus, take some time to show visible effects on your skin. Home remedies can help you treat dark circles over time and can help you to prevent this problem from occurring in the later years too.
A few home remedies that you can try to treat your dark circles problem:
- Change your sleeping habits – Getting a good sleep is the key to good health. And the same goes for an effective and natural dark circles treatment too. Change your sleeping habits and get a good sleep to avoid eye puffiness, which in turn, prevents dark circles from occurring.
- Take proper medication for your allergies– As allergies can lead to skin sagging or puffiness around the eyes, always take proper care and medication to keep your allergy effects under control. If you can keep allergies away, your skin appearance gets improved and that can help you prevent this problem.
- Remove all make-up– Whether it is eyeliner, mascara, lipstick or any other form of makeup, ensure that you remove all of that before you go to sleep. Such cosmetic applicants can irritate the eyes, making them watery and puffy.
- Focus on exercise and yoga– Keep yourself engaged in some form of physical exercise to stimulate the blood flow in your body. Physical exercises and yoga help with better blood circulation, leaving your skin looking fresh and young.
- Reduce salt intake– Excessive salt consumption is definitely not good if you wish to treat your dark circles. Avoid the intake of too much salt in your diet.
- Change your diet- Concentrate on consuming green and leafy vegetables, and include vitamins, proteins, and iron in your diet. Iron and vitamin supplements along with vegetables and fruits can keep your health in the best shape, thus preventing dark circles from appearing.
- Avoid too much stress– Stress is one of the most common reasons for dark circles. Avoid getting stressed out too much as it creates an imbalance in the blood volume and has an impact on our body and also on the way we look.
- Stay hydrated– Give your body enough liquid as lack of water intake could lead to puffiness and skin sagging. Keep yourself hydrated with the required amount of water as it helps with better blood flow and circulation.
Although advanced techniques to treat dark circles do exist, it is always important to take care of your skin so that you do not face the problem again later in future. Also for those who are hesitant about going to clinics to get an advanced dark circles treatment, there are a lot of things like some mentioned above that you can do right at your home to improve your appearance and keep dark circles away.